Delete shared messages from Facebook Messenger on both sides.
Did you just send a message to the wrong recipient on Facebook messenger?
Do you regret sending a message and want to delete it before your interlocutor can read it?
Want to correct a spelling mistake?
If your answer to one or more of the questions above is yes , then this post is for you.
Facebook Messenger now allows you to delete any message sent even after 10 minutes as long as you know how to go about it.
Don’t panic, here’s how to simply delete a messenger message from the computer, android and ios mobile app
You may also like Facebook Code Generator; How To Use Facebook Code Login
HOW TO PERMANENTLY DELETE SHARED MESSAGES FROM BOTH SIDES AFTER 10 MINUTES
To effectively delete shared messages on messenger, you need sign in to your Facebook account first using www.facebook.com on your web browser, or via your Facebook App, on your Android or iPhone.
This new possibility is only available to owners of the latest Android and iOS version of the Messenger application.
Once you delete a conversation, the other person will know you deleted a message but will not see the message from his end any more.
Your shared message (or image) will then be deleted and a replacement message will appear in the ” You deleted a message ” conversation .
This message will be visible to you and your interlocutor.
Please note that this action is irreversible.
PERMANENTLY DELETE MESSAGES FROM BOTH SIDES ON YOUR ANDROID OR iPHONE
You may have heard or tried WhatsApp’s, ability to unsend, sent messages. In the same manner, you can use the Unsend Feature on Facebook Messenger to delete sent messages.
This was not possible a few years back , but have be rolled out recently for almost every user.
Listed below is a step by step guide on how to delete shared messages from your Messenger on both sides after 10minutes using your smartphone:
- Open your Facebook Messenger on your Android or iPhone.
- Press and hold the message you want to remove from Messenger.
- Click on “Remove” at the bottom right side of your screen. Once you tap remove, your will be presented with two options; either to unsend, or remove for everyone and remove for you.
- This new possibility is only available to owners of the latest Android and iOS version of the Messenger application.
- If you want the message to be removed from both the sides, tap on the unsend, or remove for everyone button.
- If you want the message to be deleted from your end only, then click on the Remove For You button.
- You will be required to Confirm that you really want to remove the message.
- You will see a pop up that reads “You’ll permanently remove this message for all chat members. They will see that you’ve removed a message.
- Click on the Remove button again to continue , and permanently delete the Facebook message from both sides after 10 minutes.
Once the message is deleted a pop up saying “You removed a message” will appear.
HOW TO DELETE SHARED MESSAGES FROM MESSENGER ON A COMPUTER
Well, if you’ve crossed a 10-minutes window and still wishes to delete shared messages on Messenger from both sides, It is still possible, just follow the simple trick below, it worth trying.
However, there is no guarantee that this will work for you; it might or might not work for some users. Just give it a try!
- Visit www.facebook.com and log on to your Facebook account on your web browser.
- Select the Facebook conversation you wish to be deleted from both sides after 10 minutes.
- Locate the Action gear icon, and click on it, then choose the Report Spam or Abuse option from the pop-up menu that will appear.
- You will be given a list of possible options to choose from. Select ”Why do you want to report the conversation? Or select the option ‘I’m not interested’.
- Click on Continue to go to the next step.
- Then Deactivate your Facebook account via the General Settings, and try to reactivate the account after a few hours.
This method make your account not visible for a while and distract the user at the receiving end from viewing the message.
If this post helped you, please let us know in the comments section below, and don’t forget to like and share!
Leave a Reply