The document scanner is an in-built feature in apple devices, used to scan documents in iPhones and iPads. It is hidden in the Notes App.
I used the word in-built document scanner because it is not the regular scanner you get from the Apple Play store.
With this document scanner in iPhone Notes App, you can sign and scan documents with ease.
In this post, I will share how to scan on an iPhone, mark up a scanned document, and more.
If you want to learn how to use iPhone to scan a document, or how to scan on an iPhone, please read this article to the end.
Table of Contents
FEATURES OF APPLE’S IN-BUILT DOCUMENT SCANNER
You already know that iPhones document scanner is an in-built App, and not a third-party App.
The scanned documents can be converted to PDF.
The scanned documents can also be edited.
It allows in-app sharing, making it possible for one to store documents anywhere on the phone.
HOW TO SCAN DOCUMENTS WITH IPHONE AND IPAD USING THE DOCUMENT SCANNER
To scan documents on your iPhone and iPad using the document scanner, follow the steps below;
- From the Home screen, locate and open Notes.
- Create a new note, by tapping the + button on the bottom of the screen. (You tap on an existing Note to add a document to it).
- Click Scan Documents, this will automatically launch the camera
- Line up the document you want to scan.
- The camera will highlight the document to be scanned as soon as it detects it.
- If the scanner doesn’t automatically scan the document, press the shutter button to “scan” the document,
- Drag the corners to adjust the scan to fit the page, then tap Keep Scan
- Click Save after you’ve scanned or added additional scans to the document.
- Repeat this process for all the documents you want to scan.
- The button will count the number of pages you scanned.
WHERE DO I FIND MY SCANNED DOCUMENTS ON MY iPHONE AND iPAD
The scanned documents on the iPhones and iPad usually populate in a new note in the Notes app.
To locate where the scanned documents go to on iPhone and iPad, simply go to Notes App, and you will find them there.
HOW DO I MARKUP A SCANNED DOCUMENT ON MY IPHONE AND IPAD
You don’t need a third-party App to markup or edit a scanned document. You can markup your documents with any of the built-in markup tools in the Notes app.
Using the markup tools, you can highlight, move, or cut out some sections.
You can also add a text box, shape, arrows, including signature, from within the Notes app.
- Go to Notes and select the document you want to markup.
- Tap the share button.
- Tap Markup, and select the tool you want to use.
- Tap the Add button(+) to add a magnifier, shape, signature, or text box, to the document.
- Click the color picker if you’d like to edit the color.
- Mark up your document, and Tap Done.
All the markup changes made will be saved.
HOW DO I SAVE A SCANNED DOCUMENT AS PDF
It is possible to convert your scanned document to PDF file and save. This process is very easy. Here is how to save a scanned document as a PDF file.
- Click on the scanned document,
- Click on the Share button at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Tap markup as PDF.
- You can write, or sign on the document by tapping the marker button to select the writing tools you would like to use.
- You can also use an Apple Pencil or your finger to write on the document.
- Select the location you want to save the file to. You can either save on iPhone or save it to iCloud Drive.
HOW DO I SHARE A SCANNED DOCUMENT TO ANOTHER APP ON MY IPHONE AND IPAD
- Tap on the scanned document
- Click the share button in the upper-right corner
- Select the app you want to share the note.
- Then Share the PDF
HOW DO I DELETE A SCANNED DOCUMENT ON MY IPHONE AND IPAD
If you want to delete a scanned document for any reason, you will need to find where the scanned documents are saved on your iPhone.
Click on the scanned document you want to delete,
Tap the Bin button in the bottom-right corner.
Tap Delete Scan.
Alternatively, open the note, tap the More button, and tap Delete.
This action will delete the selected document only.
If you desire to delete an entire document, just delete the note.
If you wish to recover a deleted note, simply go to the Folders list and click on the Recently Deleted folder.
Tap the note that you want to recover, tap in the note, and then tap Recover.
Please like and share this post.