EASY WAY TO TURN ON SCREEN PINING IN ANDROID 9 PIE
Screen pinning is a unique and useful security feature that has been around since 2014, yet not many people know about it.
Do you have friends or family members that usually borrow your phone, and you usually worry about your privacy at such times?
Are your children fond of playing games with your phone, and you are bothered about how to limit access to your device at such times?
WHAT IS ANDROID SCREEN PINING
Screen pinning is a feature in android phones, that prevents both deliberate and unintentional access to your phone.
It is used to limit or restricts what people can do on phone, even in your absence.
Screen pinning is not a new feature, it has been in existence since the days of the android lollipop, but previous android versions kept exactly the same until the new multitasking UI Android 9.0 Pie changed the way it functions.
IMPORTANCE OF SCREEN PINING
The screen pining feature is useful so many ways, but I will mention just three of them
- It prevents accidental touch on the phone since the current app gets glued to the foreground.
- It is also used to keep away predators from accessing your private information saved on your phone. It ensures no one can peek into anything else on your phone.
The easiest way to prevent unauthorised access to personal information on your phone is to use the screen pin app. it is used to stop poke-nosing friends or colleagues from accessing your private pictures, emails, text messages, chats, files etc.
3. Lastly it prevents huge messes by inexperienced users. For instance, when you give your phone to a child, you don’t need to be eye hawking to see what he/she is pressing.
It will not only prevent them from accidentally deleting files, but also ensure they don’t access unauthorised sites apps.
HOW TO TURN ON SCREEN PIN APP ON ANDROID 9.0 PIE
Screen pin on lower versions of android is located on the lower-right, but with Android 9.0 Pie, the way to pin apps has changed a bit.
Screen pinning is now hidden in the app icon, and if you have never used this feature, you will have to enable Screen Pinning first.
To turn on the s screen pin feature follow the steps below;
- Go to Settings, then navigate to Security & Location. Scroll down until you find Screen Pinning.
- Tap on it to turn the toggle on.
- Also, ensure to turn the toggle on for the option “Ask for the PIN before unpinning.”
Once the screen pin is enabled, you can easily pin apps from the Recent Apps view on your Android device running on Pie.
HOW TO SCREEN PIN APP ON ANDROID 9.0 PIE
To screen pin an app on your android phone simply locate and launch the app you want to pin.
Bring up the Recently viewed Apps and navigate to the app.
While still in the multitasking view, tap on the app icon, and then click on the pin Icon
HOW TO UNPIN SCREEN IN ANDROID 9.0 PIE
Unpinning an app on the android 9.0 pie is as easy as ABC, simply follow the guide below;
- On the pinned app, touch and hold the Back and Home button together.
- The screen will be unpinned, but the phone will be locked instantly, and you will be required to enter your PIN, pattern, or password before unpinning if you had selected the ask for the pin option.
- If you don’t turn on the ask PIN or password in the option, the phone will not be locked after it is unpinned and the person will gain automatic access to it.
So when next you are giving your phone tan untrusted person or someone who is not good at operating smartphones, consider screen pinning the app you want them to access to the foreground.