Flipkart is Indians Amazon. It is the country’s largest online retailer now by Walmart.
Flipkart started as a bookstore but has grown to sell different categories of products ranging from fashion products to phone accessories and so on.
Flipkart is an eCommerce leader in Indan with the highest credibility and maximum online reach.
In this post, we are going to find out everything about Flipkart, the Flipkart mobile app, how to order and sell on Flipkart and much more.
Table of Contents
What is Flipkart?
Flipkart is an eCommerce company established by two Indian software engineers and located in Bangalore.
It was founded by two Amazon former employee, Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal.
They were both Amazon employee before they returned to India to start up their own company.
In 2018, when Walmart made its intention of acquiring a controlling stake in Flipkart company for $16 billion, which happens to be the world’s largest eCommerce acquisition ever. This made Flipkart the eCommerce leader in Indian.
There are a lot of benefits for users such as easy pick-up and delivery, faster payment options etc.
How Flipkart Works -Marketing Strategy of Flipkart | Flipkart Sales Strategy
The secret to Flipkart growth and success is in its winning marketing strategy.
Worthy of note is Flipkart’s use of the model X% commission given to vendors across its entire sales worth.
Their implantation of the revolutionary “Cash on delivery” introduced many to online shopping and paved the way for growth.
Their use of star power and influencer marketing.
Implementation of varying sales channels such as eCommerce website, Web, and Mobile App, Telesales, social media sales, affiliate networks etc.
Flipkart Mobile Online Shopping App- Flipkart Mobile
Flipkart is Indians most popular shopping App. The first step is to download and install the Mobile app on your phone.
The process is simply and easy.
- To do this visit your play store, or iTune store depending on your device OS. For Windows phone, go to the windows phone store.
- Search for ”Flipkart app for shopping in order”, ‘‘Flipkart online shopping app” and ‘‘Flipkart shopping app” on iPhone, Android, and Windows phone respectively.
- When the search result is displayed, click on the ”Get” button for iPhone and Windows phone, and the ”Install” button for Andriod phone.
- If you have followed the steps above then you are ready to explore the world.
How To Use The Flipkart Online Shopping App
The Flipkart online shopping app is very simple and easy to use. It has multiple categories such as fashion, phones, books, etc.
Once you have the app installed on your phone, the next step is to sign up and create an account for yourself
using either your e-mail address or your mobile number.
By creating an account on the platform, buying and selling become easy and simple.
How To Order On Flipkart
To place an order on Flipkart, the steps below are all that is needed;
1. The first step is to visit their website and register and create an account. You can also sign up via Google or Facebook.
2. Sign in and enter the name of the item you want to order in the search bar.
3. Select the product from the search result and check review, specification and price.
4.Click on add to cart, or the buy now option to place your order.
5. Enter your delivery details such as the contact address, and Phone number.
6. Select your preferred payment option, and pay. You can either pay with your card instantly money or cash on delivery.
7.A confirmation message will be sent to your mobile number.
8. You will also receive a call from the dispatch rider as soon as your product arrives.
PS: You can track your order provided you are registered with them.
Flipkart Registration Requirement -Who can Sell on Flipkart
To sell on the platform, you must fulfil the Flipkart registration process, which I have listed below;
I have listed the document required for the Flipkart seller below.
- GSTIN / TIN Number (not mandatory for a few categories)
- PAN Card(Personal PAN for the business type “Proprietorship” and Personal + Business PAN for business type as “Company”)
- Bank account and supporting KYC documents ( Address Proof, and Cancelled Cheque)
How To Sell on Flipkart
Selling on Flipkart is very easy, all you need is to follow the steps outlined below;
- The first step is to register as a seller on the Flipkart official website.
- The next step is to list your products under specific product categories.
- As soon as you get an order, neatly package the item(s) then mark it as ‘Ready to Dispatch’. The Flipkart logistics partner pick it up and dispatch it appropriately to customers.
- Once the item is successfully shipped, Flipkart will pay you within 7-15 business days according to your seller tier.