How To Change Gmail Account Name Your Mobile Device.
Gmail account (pronounced Gee-Mail account) is a unique email account created by Google for personal use and ends with @gmail.com.
It was created by Paul Buchheit on 1st April 2004.
All Gmail accounts are Google account, but not all Google account is Gmail account.
There are so many things you can do on Gmail apart from sending and receiving emails.
Even though this post is on how to change your Gmail account, I will also show you how to do so many other things on your account.
Please stay tuned!
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT NAME ON ANDROID OR iPHONE
You can change your Gmail account name as many times as you want, but not more than 3 times in one minute.
This does not apply to accounts that are less than 2 weeks old.
Follow the steps below to change your account name on your mobile device.
- On your Android or iPhone, open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap Google, then select Manage your Google Account.
- At the top, click Personal info.
- Under profile, click name, then click edit. You may be asked to sign in.
- Enter your name, then tap done
Your personal information such as; birthday, gender, including the email phone numbers, and email address can also be modified.
HOW TO DELETE A GMAIL ACCOUNT
If you decide to delete you Gmail account for any reason, just follow these simple steps below to achieve your desire
- Log on to google.com and sign in to your Gmail account
- Click the grid icon at the top right side of the mail and select the account.
- Under the account preferences section select delete your account or services.
- Click on the delete products option.
- Input your password.
HOW TO BLOCK SOMEONE ON GMAIL
To stop receiving emails from unwanted sources, you can either unsubscribe from such sites by using the unsubscribe button or ink.
You can also change your preferences at the bottom of the mail to prevent such emails from dropping in your mailbox.
If you can’t find these options you can report the message as spam or take the steps below to block the mails from such sources.
When you block a sender, their mails will go to your Spam folder. To do this follow the steps below;
- Sign in to your Gmail account
- Select and open the particular mail whose sender you want to block.
- In the top right of the mail, click “More option” (the three dots at the right side of the mail).
- Click Block (sender’s name).
If you block someone by mistake, you can unblock them using the same steps.
Any suspicious email that asks for personal information, can be reported for phishing. Follow the first three steps above and tap Report phishing.
HOW TO CREATE A GROUP EMAIL IN GMAIL/ CREATE OR REMOVE CONTACT FROM THE GROUP
To create a group email on your Gmail, go to Google Contacts.
- Click “Contacts or Directory”.
- Select the contacts you to be added to a group.
- Choose the “Label” icon and press “Create Label”.
- Give the chosen label a name, then in the recipient’s box type the name to send an email to them.
HOW TO ADD OR CHANGE A SIGNATURE ON GMAIL ACCOUNT
An email signature which is sometimes called an email footer is a text placed at the bottom of all outing mails.
It can be your contact information, an elevator pitch, or even a favorite quote, that is automatically added at the end of every mail you send.
Email signature saves time and personalizes your notes, adding a Gmail signature is very cool and can be done in a few simple steps as seen below:
- Launch your browser and log in to your Gmail account.
- At the top right side of the screen, click on the gear/setting symbol.
- Scroll down the drop-down menu and select setting.
- Scroll down through the numerous settings until you find the Signature section, where you will see a text box.
- Enter the text for your signature and click OK.
PROBLEMS OF IMPERSONATION: If you suspect that somebody has generated a Gmail address to impersonate your identity, you can either file a report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center or contact your state’s Office of Consumer Protection.
Regrettably, Gmail is incapable of participating in negotiations involving third parties regarding impersonation.
Have you ever change the name on your Gmail account? If yes, please tell us how you did that in the comment section.
Please like and share this post.
You may also like Yahoo Mail; How To Create New Yahoo Email For Facebook Account Free 2020
Leave a Reply