How To Add Interests On LinkedIn – LinkedIn is a very powerful professional social networking site, that allows you to communicate with friends and future employers, as well as apply for jobs, and therefore should not be treated casually.
The platform allows you to create a profile where you highlight your education, job history, skills, talents, achievements to anyone who wants to see it.
You may also add interests to your LinkedIn profile.
Table of Contents
Why should you add Interest on LinkedIn
Since LinkedIn is a professional forum, you should treat your profile as such to demonstrate that you are not an amateur.
How to add interests on LinkedIn On LinkedIn Profile
Interests are created based on who you follow, and must be listed professionally.
They should reflect how you want to be seen by potential employers.
How To Add Career Interests On LinkedIn
2. Use the search bar to locate the person, company, or topic you’re interested in, then click on it to be taken to their profile page.
3. On the person or company’s profile page, click the Follow button. The company, person, or topic will now be listed in your Interests section.
How to view and add the interests of your LinkedIn connections
How to remove Interests On LinkedIn Profile
- First, log in to your profile with your details.
- Secondly, scroll down to the interests section, then click on the ”See All’‘ button to see all of your interests.
- You will see 4 categories of interests; Influencers, Companies, Groups, and Schools. You can choose to view by category.
- You will see a right tick (√) and the “Following button”, opposite each of the interests, click on the Following button to unfollow, which means it will no longer appear in your interests list.
Alternatively, you can remove interests, via the profile/page of People, or company to remove them from your interests.
To do this visit their profile, and click click on the three horizontal dots, and click “Unfollow”.