A business looks more professional than the generic email. It contains your name and the organization or company you’re working for. Something like this: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this article, you’ll be learning step-by-step on how to create a business email with Gmail.
As you know, it becomes difficult for clients and customers to trust you when you pitch to them with a generic email. So creating a business email is just as important as marketing.
Ready? Let’s go!
Table of Contents
WHY YOU SHOULD CREATE A BUSINESS EMAIL
Below are a few reasons you need to create a business email:
- It is professional when your mail is customized.
- It is easier to trust (as the sender or receiver)
- It helps you as a marketer earn the trust of customers and leads as a legit business.
- It is essential for content marketing
- A customized business email indirectly sells your brand as legit and competent to prospective leads.
- To be taken as legit and up to the game, a business email is as essential as making sales.
REQUIREMENT TO OPEN A BUSINESS EMAIL
To open a business email, you’ll need a domain name and a website.
Also, you’ll need a very good email hosting service.
For the purpose of this article, you’ll learn how to create a business email with Gmail.
That means you’ll be using Gmail for business— Google Workspace (formerly known as G-Suite).
This is because, with Google Workspace, you’ll be offered professional services including a professional business email, Google docs, Google spreadsheet, Google Drive, and most importantly, Gmail, which is quite easy to use.
You’ll be using your business email with the Gmail interface.
BENEFITS OF USING GMAIL FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Although using Gmail for your business isn’t free, it is not expensive at all either.
For example, if you have a small business, Google Workspace’s Starter’s plan for $6 per user per month is perfect for you.
It gives you access to Google Drive, Docs, Spreadsheet, Calendar, audio and video business conferences with 30GB of cloud storage for each user.
While Google Workspace isn’t free, it is less expensive and comes with amazing features worth more than its price.
- You will be using Gmail’s familiar interface and apps to send and receive emails.
- Google has far superior technology which ensures that your emails are delivered right away, and they don’t end up in spam folders.
- Your website hosting company has shared server resources. This means they don’t want you to send too many emails. Gmail on the other hand will allow you to send up to 2000 emails per day.
Having talked about why you should use Google Workspace, let’s talk about how you can create a business email with Google Workspace and using Gmail as your mailing interface.
HOW TO CREATE A BUSINESS EMAIL
Step 1. Signing up to Google Workspace.
To start this whole process of creating a business email with Gmail using Google Workspace, you’ll need to visit the Google Workspace website and click on Get Started.
Google Workspace Pricing
- Starters plan or small businesses plan with is priced at $6 per user per month. This plan features a custom and secure business email, 100 participant video meetings, 30GB cloud storage per user, security and management controls, and standard support.
- Business Standard plan is priced at $12 per user per month. This plan is more advanced and business/company standard in terms of features: custom and secure business email, 150+ participants video meetings and recording, 2TB cloud storage per user, security and management controls, and standard support.
- Business plus plans are priced $18 per user per month. It features: custom and secure business email with eDiscovery and retention, 250 participants video meetings+ recording and attendance tracking, 5TB cloud storage per user, enhanced security and management controls including vault and advanced endpoint management, and standard support.
Once you’ve chosen the Google Workspace plan that suits the size of your business, you’ll be required to enter your business name, number of employees and country where you’re located on the next page. If you’re just the only one on your business, click just you.
Then click on next to continue on the next page.
On the next page, you’ll be required to put your name and contact information including your email address.
Then, you’ll be asked to choose a domain name. If you have a domain name already, you’ll click on Yes I have one I can use. But, if you do not have a domain name yet, click on No, I need one so you can buy and register a domain name.
If you do not have a domain name, you may want to register one. It’s gonna cost you $ 14.99 to start.
If you have already had a domain name, you’ll need to verify it.
Thus gives Google access to your domain name.
You’ll have to visit your domain name registrar and enter the MX records that Google Workspace has provided into your DNS.
You’ll be instructed on how to go about it by Google Workspace.
Then after choosing your domain name, you’ll need to create a username and password— this is setting up your business email account.
So, you’ll have to choose a username you want your business email to look like.
After entering this information, click on the Recaptcha box to prove that you’re not a robot, and then click Agree and Create Account.
You’ll receive a confirmation message that your G Suite has been created. Click on Go to Setup to continue with the setup.
Step 2. Setting Up Business Email, Adding Users and Using Gmail.
After creating your G Suite account, you have access to Gmail as your email hosting service. Gmail is already part of the apps featured in you Google Workspace.
To add a new user, you’ll be asked to a new user or department to your domain on the setup page. You can add as many users as you want by creating more accounts for every member of your business.
Also, you can add and remove user.
Furthermore, when you’re using Gmail for your business email via Google Workspace, you can customize your business mail under the settings menu.
Having shown you the steps on how to create a business email with Gmail, you should be assured that you now have a professional business email and you begin to run your business with the confidence of being legitimate.
It is an easy to use platform with all the help and support you need in just a click away.