Have you ever heard of Google Siri?
“OK, Google” is the Google Assistant equivalent of “Hey, Siri”. You will utilize it to activate the intelligent assistant, in other to trigger answers to your queries.
The iOS version of Google Assistant was recently updated with the addition of support for Siri Shortcuts.
This means you can now create a Siri Shortcut, that will enable you to get help from the Assistant via Siri.
During the setup, you just have to say something like “Hey, Siri; OK, Google” followed by your question.
Table of Contents
HOW TO CREATE SIRI SHORTCUT TO USE GOOGLE ASSISTANT iOS
To create a Siri shortcut on an Ios device is a very easy process, all you have to do is to download and install the free version of the Google Assistant app to your iPhone, or upgrade the version you have to the latest version.
Once it has been installed, follow the steps below:
Open the just downloaded or upgraded Google Assistant on your device, and enter “Ok Google” to Siri, when prompted. Before you can do this you will need to click on the ”Add” button.
- You will be asked if you wish to feature “OK, Google” to Siri.
- At this stage, Siri will be ready to record what you want to say.
- Start by saying OK Google” this will launch the Google Assistant app, to receive an complete your query.
Once you record your phrase, you’ll be able to use Siri to use Google Assistant.
HOW TO USE GOOGLE ASSISTANT SIRI
Once the Google Assistant use in Siri is set-up following the steps above, you can use it following either of the two options below:
- STEP 1. The first option requires that you press the Side button on your iPhone, or the Home button if you use older versions of the iPhone. (This best mimics the Google Assistant experience on Android devices). Wait for Siri to appear on your iPhone screen, then simply say “Ok Google” and then say whatever you want Google Assistant to do. The Google Assistant app will open automatically and carry out your command.
- step 2. The next option is the use of Google Assistant via Siri in a hands-free. Here you have to use Siri’s default command phrase “Hey Siri.” Simply Say this phrase, followed by “Ok Google” then your command, this will make the Google Assistant app automatically open and carry out your command. For instance, to check your Gmail with the Google Assistant hands-free on your iOS device, just say “Hey Siri, Ok Google what’s my last email?”
With this Ok Google Siri Shortcut, iOS users have the best of both worlds. They can use both Siri and Google’s Assistant effortlessly on their phones–this is something Android can’t match.
WHO IS GOOGLE SIRI FOR?
You may have observed that I avoid using Google because I’m reluctant to share anything I do with what I see because of the world’s biggest surveillance and advertising firm.
Apple device users will find it very useful.
It is also very useful to people on mixed platform networks, either reception, homes, offices,
People depend on their old smart gadget that is not compatible with the Apple HomeKit.
AMAZON ALEXA SIRI
AND GOOGLE ASSISTANT WHICH IS MORE ACCURATE
In the past, Siri seems to take second place when compared to other personal digital assistants like Google’s Assistant or Amazon’s Alexa.
But with Siri in iOS 12, all that has changed.
Google Siri is now the most powerful and versatile assistant on the planet.
When it comes to personal digital assistants Google’s Assistant is by far the best at search queries.