iMessage is an instant messaging service available on iOS and macOS.
It allows users to send and receive texts, photos, videos, etc.
It is not officially available on Android devices because it runs on a unique end-to-end encrypted system with dedicated servers, but it is possible to set-up on Android.
Setting up iMessage on an Android device is not easy, but with the right tools and technical know-how, it can be done.
In this post, I will show you how to receive an iPhone message on your android device.
HOW TO RECEIVE iMESSAGES ON ANDROID
It is not possible to download iMessage on an Android device because Apple’s messaging service is encrypted, and accessible only to devices that can decrypt the messages.
To by-pass the end-to-end encryption, and enjoy iMessage on your Android device, you will require a Mac and the AirMessage App.
I will like to emphasize that it is not possible to use iMessage on Android without mac; the mac functions as a server that relays iMessages to Android, while Airmessage enables imessage on android phones.
How to download the AirMessage macOS
The first step in getting imessage on your android is to set up the Airmessage app on your Mac. To do this, follow the steps below;
- Visit www.airmessage.org on your Mac, and download the AirMessage server for macOS.
- Open the Airmessage App and click System Preferences > Security & Privacy >Privacy.
- From Privacy Click on Accessibility
- Then click on the lock icon, enter your mac password, and click the plus(+) sign.
- Go to application and double click on AirMessage.
With the Airmessage server installed on your macOS, you need to ensure the device doesn’t sleep, so you can send and receive messages uninterrupted.
To do this go to System Preferences, and select Energy Saver, then change the setting to Never.
The next step in setting iMessage for android is to Link your android to the Airmessage App.
How To enable Port Forwarding on Router
Port Forwarding allows the AirMessage app on the Mac device to communicate with the app on an Android phone.
Port forwarding configuration varies with the router model.
For instructions on how to enable port forwarding on your router, kindly see your router manual or check the Airmessage website.
How to set up AirMessage on your android phone
Once your Mac and router are ready, go over to the final step which is to set-up AirMessage on your Android phone. To do this, follow the steps below;
- Go to Google Play Store on your Android phone, and type AirMessage.
- Install the App, open it, and input your Serve IP local Address and Password ( this is the IP address from port forwarding for router configuration)
- Click on Download Messages, and grant AirMessage access to your contacts.
You are now ready to have fun with your iMessage.
iMessage can also be downloaded on Windows OS.
How To Get iMessage on PC without Mac
iMessage for Windows is a platform that makes iMessage services available on Microsoft Windows.
Usually, a Mac PC is required in other to access iMessage on Windows.
However, with certain tools and knowledge, you can get iMessage on PC without mac, and enjoy the coziness of sending or receiving iPhone messages on windows PC.
How to Download iMessage App For Windows
As we all know that iMessage was developed primarily for iOS device users, however, it is still possible to download and use it in on Microsoft Windows device.
You can use any of the following methods to download iMessage for PC:
- Through Bluestacks Android emulator
- Through the use of iPadian emulator and
- iMessage App Download Via Google Chrome
How to Download and Install the iMessage App on Windows Using Bluestacks
BlueStacks is an Android emulator tool similar to Smartface, which allows Android apps to run on PCs with macOS and Microsoft Windows.
- You will need to download the Bluestack software from their website.
- Simply, visit bluestacks.com to download and install the software on your windows device.
- After the installation process, launch the bluestack App.
- Locate the search icon and type “iMessage App” then click enter.
- Right-click on “Search play option for iMessage App”.
- Then select the iMessage App from Google Play and click on install.
- Once the iMessage App installation is completed, go to Bluestacks Home page, and select “All Apps”, the iMessage App will be displayed on the screen
- Open it and start sending and receiving messages from other users.
Install the iMessage App on Windows Using iPadian
iPadian is an iOS emulator, used for the installation of the iOS app on Windows PC. It stimulates the interface of the iPad such that the Windows desktop will look like an iPad. To use iPandin for iMessage download, simply visit
www.ipadian.net, to install and launch the app on your Windows OS.
Go to the search icon and input iMessage App, you will be redirected to the Apple Store.
From there you can download and install the iMessage App.
Locate the install option and click on it.
You can start enjoying the iMessage App on your Microsoft Windows device.
Download the iMessage App for Windows PC using Chrome Remote Desktop
This method requires the use of two personal computers with different Operating Systems; Microsoft windows, and macOS Computers.
Download and install the Google Chrome browser on both Computers.
Connect the two computers via the Chrome Remote Desktop.
Once this is done, the programs in both computers will be exchanged immediately.
And boom! You can use the iMessage Chrome Remote Desktop in the Windows system.
Even though iMessage cannot be downloaded from the Google play store, there are so many ways to get iMessage on Android, provided you have macOS.
The mac acts as a server between the Android and the recipients iMessage app.
First, you have to install the server app on your Mac, then you have to set up port forwarding on your router. Once this is done, you install the app on your Android phones and you’re done.
Hope this article helps you set-up iMessage on your Android Device, and Windows7, 8, 8.1, or 10 devices.
Please don’t forget to like and share. Thank You.
You may also like Soundcloud Activate on Android.