Pinterest is a social media online image pinning website that allows users to share and discover new interests by pinning images to their boards.
It is an online pinboard, an image pinning website. Each bookmark on the platform is called a pin.
Any image shared on Pinterest is called a pin.
When you share another person’s pin on the platform it is called repin. Different pins grouped together by topic is called boards or pinboards,
Pinterest just like other social media platforms, allows a user to network by following other people’s boards, like and comment on pins, re-pin other peoples content, either on Facebook or twitter via e-mail or even embedded pins on their website.
The Pinterest logo is a white P on a red background.
You need either a Pinterest mobile app or the Pinterest website to create a Pinterest personal or business account.
The Pinterest app is great for saving and sharing images and discovering new interests.
Table of Contents
HOW TO SIGN UP ON PINTEREST WITH YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT
Before now, Pinterest sign up used to be either by requesting an invitation from Pinterest or you get a friend who is already on the platform to invite you. But all these have changed.
To sign up on Pinterest simply visit their website on, www.pinterest.com and click sign-up. You can sign-up with either your e-mail address, Facebook, or Google account.
- Enter your email address and your password and click continue.
- Enter your profile information, full name, age, gender and click sign up.
- Pinterest will send a welcome message then click on next to continue.
- Select your area of interest and click done.
- You will receive a mail from Pinterest containing your confirmation link
- Log on to your mail and click on the link in the email to confirm your account. Congratulations!!! Your Pinterest account is ready for use.
PINTEREST LOGIN WITH YOUR FACEBOOK AND GOOGLE ACCOUNTS
- Now that you have created a Pinterest account, you will need to login to search and save pins.
- To login, visit Pinterest.com/login.
- Input your e-mail address and password.
- Select continue with either Facebook or Google and then click login .
HOW TO LINK YOUR PINTEREST BUSINESS ACCOUNT TO YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNT
If you want a professional presence on Pinterest, I will advise you set up a business account on Pinterest, so you can have access to all the free marketing tools available to the platform users. One of such tool is the Pinterest Analytics.
It’s easy to link your business profile to a personal Pinterest account and effortlessly switch between business and personal accounts.
To link your Pinterest business account to your personal Pinterest account, is very simple, and you can link more than one account. To do this, follow the simple steps listed below;
- Log on to your Pinterest personal account and click on the three dots at the top right corner.
- Choose add a free business profile.
- Then follow the prompts to create your business account.
The Pinterest everything at the top-right side of the screen provides links to things other people pinned in different categories.
You can also create a stand alone business account, and not link it to your personal account.
HOW TO CREATE A NEW BUSINESS ACCOUNT
It is also possible to have a separate business account from your personal account. In this case you have to sign in to your personal and business accounts differently.
To do this, Log out of your personal account and navigate to the Pinterest Business Account Creation Page.
Input your business details as required, and select the type of business.
Then Click Create account
Pinterest is a social network that allow users to visually share their tastes, and interests with others and discover people of like minds.
A Pinterest personal account gives you access to search, view, pin, follow a repin contents on the platform.
You must register through a Facebook account or twitter account to be able to sign-up on Pinterest.
Joining the platform use to be strictly on invitation, but that has changed now.
If you found this article helpful, please share with your friends and family, remember there is so much love in sharing.
You can also see >>> How To Create A Website.